March is always a tough time here in Ohio to change out your table decor to Spring. We never know what type of weather we are going to get in early spring. Sometimes it is difficult to be motivated to switch over to spring decor. Many of you are ready to make the transition so I am sharing this list of Spring Table Decor for under $50.
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
Setting a simple seasonal table vignette can be done easily with a few basic home decor items and adding in touches of the season. This allows you to keep the staples in place and only change out the touches of the season.
I like to shop thrift stores for most of my decorative staples. However, there are times when purchasing something new is needed or easier for some people.
- Metal Decorative Birdcage from Wayfair – I use my birdcages throughout the entire year and just change out the items on the inside. I like the simple idea of placing a fresh plant or decor in the middle of the cage. You can get some birdcage decor ideas by visiting my Bird Cage Decor Pinterest page.
- Candle Stick Holders from Target – Candlestick holders can be used throughout your entire home and they make such a clean and simple statement. I have a small collection of thrift store/garage sale holders that I painted. You can see how to paint your own thrift store, candle holders.
- Tiered Tray from Amazon – Tiered trays have been a decorating trend for a few years now, and I think they are here to stay for a few more to come. Stopover to Pinterest to see how you can make your own tiered tray with items you have in your house.
- Glass Bottle Collection – Glass bottles can make a statement on their own or you can add fresh flowers to the bottle. Group them together or use them separately throughout your home.
- Wooden Decorative Tray – Using wooden trays in your home is an essential part of starting a table vignette. It provides you with a starting piece to build in and around your tray. The tray can be small or large and the possibilities are endless. Make sure you check out my Decorative tray Pinterest board for great table decorating ideas.
- Faux Potted Plant from Wayfair – Adding some type of greenery to your vignette is a must. If you are like me and tend to kill the living plants, the next best thing is a faux plant. I like to mix faux plants with a few living ones, that way it is hard to spot the faux plant. You can check out how I mixed mine together on my DIY plant stand.
- Decorative Glass Bottle/Vase – Having a simple glass bottle/vase can make a big statement. Fill it with fresh tree or bush branches in the spring. You can also learn to make your own Tissue paper flowers for faux dogwood branches. Use these to add to a glass bottle.
Once you have the basic staples for your spring table decor, you are now ready to add in a few seasonal touches. Just remember if you don’t like to change your decor every season, use classic designs that can transition from spring to summer. A great example is not to use a bunny in your spring decor as that represents Easter. If you use a bird instead, that can be used all year round.
Use traditional greenery that can transition from season to season and that helps to keep your transition to a minimum. Instead of using something with floral, use greens that can be used in each season.
Remember, do what works for you to enjoy your decor and not what others are doing. If you like to decorate for each season, do it. If you like to keep your decor the same, do it. Just make sure you love and find joy in your home!
Need more decorating help? Check out “Everything you need to decorate on a budget.”
Discover more Inspirations by clicking on each category photo
Join the DD Community!
Join the Designed Decor Community and receive weekly free tips on DIY home projects, painted furniture, decorating, and much more.