It is a great feeling when the food you are eating comes right from your garden. This Tomato Cucumber Salad came right from the backyard.
This year I grew my own cucumbers, tomatoes and basil knowing that I would be making this salad. This is a perfect quick and easy side dish to make for summer dinners.
Of course I love that I can go outside a pull the items out of my garden and know they are fresh and grown in organic soil without chemicals. I did not grow the green onions, but I might consider that for next year. I also grew some squash, peppers and zucchini.
This was a picture I shared on Instagam of my zucchini that was growing in the garden. Look at the size of those. If you are not following my on Instagram, follow me, (<— click here to follow)this is the kind of pictures you will see me posting, random fun things!
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber - peeled and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 container feta cheese
- 1/4 lb of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and feta cheese.
- Season with seasoning,salt and pepper.
Do you have a garden or shop from a local farmers market? I love summer for this reason alone, local fresh veggies!