It is a great feeling when the food you are eating comes right from your garden. This Tomato Cucumber Salad came right from the backyard.
This year I grew my own cucumbers, tomatoes and basil knowing that I would be making this salad. This is a perfect quick and easy side dish to make for summer dinners.
Of course I love that I can go outside a pull the items out of my garden and know they are fresh and grown in organic soil without chemicals. I did not grow the green onions, but I might consider that for next year. I also grew some squash, peppers and zucchini.
This was a picture I shared on Instagam of my zucchini that was growing in the garden. Look at the size of those. If you are not following my on Instagram, follow me, (<— click here to follow)this is the kind of pictures you will see me posting, random fun things!
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber - peeled and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 container feta cheese
- 1/4 lb of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and feta cheese.
- Season with seasoning,salt and pepper.
Do you have a garden or shop from a local farmers market? I love summer for this reason alone, local fresh veggies!
Join the DD Community!
Join the Designed Decor Community and receive weekly free tips on DIY home projects, painted furniture, decorating, and much more.