This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FlavorsOfFall #CollectiveBias
My family is huge fans of ginger snap cookies, so when I discovered that Giant Eagle has a Ginger Snap Granola, I knew this was a must try for the family. The first box disappeared quickly, so in order to make these granola cookie cups, I had to go back and get another box for the recipe.
Not only will the ginger snap granola dissappear quickly, but these granola cookie cups might go faster.
I have been a long time shopper at Giant Eagle and have always enjoyed their private brand labels. The Natures Basket and Market District lines are my top choices when shopping. I will always choose these brands over big names. The Giant Eagle brands have great taste and are top quality products and this is why I choose them. The extra added bonus for me as a Giant Eagle shopper is my son is also a Giant Eagle employee, so this means a small discount on all Giant Eagle brands.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cups chopped pecans(optional)
- 1 cup Ginger Snap Granola
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add flour to butter mixture, beating at low speed.
- Shape mixture into 48 balls, and place on a baking sheet; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Place 1 dough ball into each lightly greased muffin cup in mini muffin pans, shaping each into a shell. You can use a tart press to shape the dough.
- Whisk together brown sugar, pecans, granola, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and salt.
- Spoon into tart shells.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool on wire racks 20 minutes or until completely cool
- If you have a nut allergy, you can omit the 1/2 cup nuts and substitute with granola. Drizzle cool cookie cups with Market District Pumpkin Spice syrup.
I decided to drizzle these granola cookie cups with Giant Eagle’s Market District brand, pumpkin spice syrup. This gave an additional #FlavorsofFall taste to the cookies. The pumpkin spice syrup is wonderful served over waffles, I am also thinking it would make a great sweetner to a cup of coffee.
Be sure to check out other great recipes offered from Giant Eagle.