This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FlavorsOfFall #CollectiveBias
My family is huge fans of ginger snap cookies, so when I discovered that Giant Eagle has a Ginger Snap Granola, I knew this was a must try for the family. The first box disappeared quickly, so in order to make these granola cookie cups, I had to go back and get another box for the recipe.
Not only will the ginger snap granola dissappear quickly, but these granola cookie cups might go faster.
I have been a long time shopper at Giant Eagle and have always enjoyed their private brand labels. The Natures Basket and Market District lines are my top choices when shopping. I will always choose these brands over big names. The Giant Eagle brands have great taste and are top quality products and this is why I choose them. The extra added bonus for me as a Giant Eagle shopper is my son is also a Giant Eagle employee, so this means a small discount on all Giant Eagle brands.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cups chopped pecans(optional)
- 1 cup Ginger Snap Granola
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add flour to butter mixture, beating at low speed.
- Shape mixture into 48 balls, and place on a baking sheet; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Place 1 dough ball into each lightly greased muffin cup in mini muffin pans, shaping each into a shell. You can use a tart press to shape the dough.
- Whisk together brown sugar, pecans, granola, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and salt.
- Spoon into tart shells.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool on wire racks 20 minutes or until completely cool
- If you have a nut allergy, you can omit the 1/2 cup nuts and substitute with granola. Drizzle cool cookie cups with Market District Pumpkin Spice syrup.
I decided to drizzle these granola cookie cups with Giant Eagle’s Market District brand, pumpkin spice syrup. This gave an additional #FlavorsofFall taste to the cookies. The pumpkin spice syrup is wonderful served over waffles, I am also thinking it would make a great sweetner to a cup of coffee.
Be sure to check out other great recipes offered from Giant Eagle.
Join the DD Community!
Join the Designed Decor Community and receive weekly free tips on DIY home projects, painted furniture, decorating, and much more.