Last week I shared my Homemade Laundry soap, and today I am sharing how I made my own Fabric Softener.
This is an easy recipe. I loved how I felt like I was doing a science project when I was mixing the baking soda and vinegar together.
I found this Fabric softener recipe on about.com.
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups white vinegar
- essential oil (optional)
- Pour warm water into a large bowl or pan, add baking soda and stir until baking soda is dissolved. Add white vinegar slowly into water mixture. Stir until all vinegar is added. Pour into a storage container.
- You will have a chemical reaction when you add the vinegar to the baking soda water.
I have been slowly transitioning my home to be more green and making my own cleaning products was the first items on my list. I like the fact that I will no longer be using harsh chemicals in my home, and I am saving by not adding more plastic containers to the environment. Have you started to reduce your foot print? If so, what are some of the things you do to be green?
Latest posts by Designed Decor (see all)
- Tomato Cucumber Salad with Olives and Feta! - 08/28/2014
- #SoMe2~Social Media Linky Party~ #Google+ and #Twitter! - 08/26/2014
- Guest Bedroom Makeover~ Progress Update! - 08/25/2014
- Smile Brilliant~ Teeth Whitening System! - 08/22/2014
- Peach Cobbler - 08/21/2014