Cream Cheese and Pumpkin, these are some of my favorite flavors, what more could you need for a dessert? These cream cheese pumpkin bars are a great mild dessert to share with friends and family. They also are great paired with coffee and tea.
I found this recipe from Julie’s Eat and Treats.
- 1 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. sugar, divided
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 3/4 c. cold butter, cubed
- 1 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13×9 in. baking pan.
- Mix flour, 1/4 c. sugar and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in oats and pecans. Set aside 1 c. of mix for topping.
- In the bottom of the prepared pan press the remaining crumb mixture. Bake 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, spices and remaining sugar in small bowl until smooth. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed until just blended. Pour over warm crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Serve or refrigerate. Store in refrigerator.
I made a slight substitution to this recipe since I did not have cardamom in my cupboard. I used 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to replace the 1 teaspoon of cardamom.
What is your favorite bar dessert?