Have you noticed that all the recipes I have shared lately are soup recipes? It was such a cold winter that is basically all that I made. This week I am sharing this Southwest Chicken Soup Recipe. This is one I made up and just threw a few things in the crockpot, named it, and there you have it, a new soup recipe. It’s a good thing I wrote down the recipe because once I make it and do not write it down, the recipes always seem to be different each time.
I started by throwing some frozen boneless chicken breasts in the crockpot and covering them with chicken broth. This recipe was originally going to be white chicken chili and realized I did not have most of the ingredients that I needed, so plan B.
Southwest Chicken Soup
- 1 pound bonless chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 4 oz. can green chilies
- 1 can Great Northern Beans, undrained
- 1 can Chedder Cheese Soup
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Chicken Seasoning Blend(see recipe below)
- Seasoning Blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Place boneless chicken in the crockpot with 1 cup chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Shred chicken in crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on low for 4 hours.
I was pretty pleased with how this Southwest soup recipe turned out. I am pretty much convinced that you can almost throw anything into a soup recipe and it will turn out fairly well as long as you add the right spices to the mix.
I did find the chicken seasoning blend spice mix on Allrecipes and thought that would be a great addition to give this soup the seasonings it needed. I will also be using it to season some of the chicken recipes that we make for dinner.
You may also like these great soup recipes:
Join the DD Community!
Join the Designed Decor Community and receive weekly free tips on DIY home projects, painted furniture, decorating, and much more.
Tina Marie says
This looks and sounds amazing! I just want to jump through the screen and have a spoonful!