I seem to have success at growing cucumbers from my raised garden. So last year I decided with the abundant cucumbers that I would make Easy Refrigerator Pickles. We loved them so much that I have made them again this year. This time, I am sharing the recipe with you.
I have not been as successful growing my squash and zucchini. If you are a gardener and can give me tips on my squash and zucchini, I would greatly appreciate it. I have 2 separate raised garden beds and have switched each year what I plant. I have had great luck with my cucumbers and tomatoes.
- 6 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place sliced cucumbers and onions in a glass jar containers; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir just until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over cucumber mixture; cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
Join the DD Community!
Join the Designed Decor Community and receive weekly free tips on DIY home projects, painted furniture, decorating, and much more.