Say Bacon and my family is all over it! That is why this Bacon Cheeseburger soup was a hit in my home.
Thanks to my son for suggesting to add bacon to the cheeseburger soup. I did and it gave an additional flavor to an already great soup!
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrots, celery, basil, and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the broth, potatoes, and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small skillet, melt the remaining butter.
- Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from the heat.
- Add sour cream, serve
This recipe called for processed cheese, which I am not a fan of using, so I substituted it with cheddar cheese. If a recipe calls for processed cheese you can substitute it with cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Since this recipe called for sour cream, I decided not to add cream cheese.
You may also like these soup recipes:
Join the DD Community!
Join the Designed Decor Community and receive weekly free tips on DIY home projects, painted furniture, decorating, and much more.