My first love is peanut butter desserts and my second is anything with nuts. I love all nuts, so when I found this recipe, I knew I was going to make this one for the next gathering.
These mixed nut bars were a hit and my son keeps asking when I am going to make them again.
- 1 cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
- Coat foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix cake mix and 1/2 cup soft butter using pastry blender, mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, the 1/3 cup melted butter, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Stir in mixed nuts.
- Pour nut mixture over warm crust. Bake about 30 minutes until bubbly around the edges and golden brown.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars.
I think these would be great served warm, they would taste like a warm nut pie. I would also pair it with a nice scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
How would you like your gooey mixed nut bars served?