I needed a quick and easy recipe to take to our small group gathering the other evening and came across this easy eggnog dip recipe from Wine and Glue blog.
I saw this eggnog dip recipe and thought this would be a perfect recipe to make and share with my friends. They loved it and want the recipe. Anytime someone asks for a recipe, you know it is a keeper.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla, rum and spices.
- Beat in egg nog and slowly mix in powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Serve with graham crackers or ginger snap cookies.
I made a batch of Ginger Snap cookies to serve along with the dip. I also took along graham crackers as I knew the cookies would disappear before the dip did. I will share the ginger snap cookie recipe with you on Monday. I think these are the best gingersnap cookies that I have made.
I think the next time I make this recipe I am going to add some whipped cream to the recipe. The dip was “Oh so Tasty” but on the runny side. I think I would like it to have a thicker texture so I will add some whip cream to the recipe. I am thinking a cup should do the trick to thicken it up.
Now I have some leftover eggnog to mix up a few drinks and serve on Christmas day. Are you an eggnog fan? I like it but not all the calories, so that is why I try to get a light version and doctor it up with spiced rum and cinnamon.