A classic summertime meal must include barbecue ribs. Barbecue ribs is not just a summertime treat with our family; we make them year round, since Mr. DD will grill in the winter.
We have a local restaurant that serves some really tasty ribs. We asked our server how they make them and he stated that they marinate them in Coca Cola. I went searching on the internet for Coca Cola barbecue rib recipes and came across this one from Framed Cooks. I changed a few of the measurements and used everything in the recipe.
- 4 lbs Pork Ribs
- 3 cups Coca-Cola
- 3 cups Ketchup
- 1 cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dry mustard
- 1/2 tablespoons Ground cinnamon
- Place the ribs to a large non-reactive glass or ceramic dish pour 2 cups of Coca-Cola over them. Let the ribs marinate overnight covered tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerated.
- Barbecue Sauce: Pour the remaining 1 cup of cola into a blender and add the ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder, pepper, dry mustard, and cinnamon. Mix until smooth and well blended. Place the ribs in a roasting pan that has been coated with cooking spray, brush with the sauce, and roast covered in a 225 oven for about 2 1/2 hours until very tender. (Can be done the day before. )
- Grill over low heat, basting with the uncooked sauce until the outside is crispy, about 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile simmer the unused sauce for about 20 minute until a little thick.
I much prefer to make my own barbecue sauce over store bottled sauces.
Latest posts by Designed Decor (see all)
- #SoMe2~Social Media Party~ #Pinterest and #Instagram - 08/19/2014
- Dresser Makeover with a Touch of Sophistication! - 08/18/2014
- Fruit Smoothie with Coffee-Mate! - 08/14/2014
- #SoMe2~ Social Media Party~Facebook and Bloglovin’! - 08/12/2014
- How to Salvage a Vintage Leather Top Side Table! - 08/11/2014