It’s Blueberry season in Ohio! I have baked some really great recipes using all the blueberries I purchased. I found a great healthy blueberry muffin recipe to try.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Mix whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, buttermilk, brown sugar, butter, oil, vanilla and almond extract in another large bowl until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Add berries and almonds. Stir just to combine; do not overmix. Transfer batter to the prepared pan. Top with additional almonds, if desired.
- Bake until golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Let cool for 5 minutes more.
I would recommend that you store the muffins in a sealed container and keep in the refrigerator. If you are like me and like warm muffins, you can heat them for 30 seconds before serving.
I will be sharing a few more of the blueberry recipes I made in the next few weeks.
recipe adapted from: Eating Well
Join the DD Community!
Join the Designed Decor Community and receive weekly free tips on DIY home projects, painted furniture, decorating, and much more.
Mmmm!! I LOVE blueberry muffins!! These are definitely going into my must cook file! 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Ruth Cataldo says
Thank you for visiting I Love My Post! It’s great to connect with you. I look forward to reading more on your blog! Ruth from Captain America & His English Rose This week’s co-host!
Hi DeDe! You were two before me at the Pinterest Blitz Party! Lucky me – I get to pin these yummy-looking blueberry muffins! I love anything with blueberries, so I will need to check out your upcoming posts!
Fantastic looking cupcakes!!
Love the fact that you used whole wheat flour 🙂
[email protected] says
Yum! I’m drooling on the keyboard. I love blueberry muffins. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday.
I love Blueberry muffins! Will have to file this recipe away for later 🙂 Thanks for linking up with Imprintalish, feel free to link up again.
All my boys love blueberry muffins. Yum! Pinned!
Suzy @ Worthing Court says
I just love blueberries muffins and these look so delicious! I’ve never made them from scratch so I’ll have to give this recipe a try.