Strawberry Pretzel Surprise has been a long time favorite recipe of mine. When I was a teenager, my great-aunt made it for a family get together and I had to have the recipe. I have since made this recipe over and over for many family functions and picnics.
I think I have perfected this recipe and changed a few of the details on making the jello and placing the strawberry’s.
- 2 cups Pretzels, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbl. sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 8 oz. pkg. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 9oz. pkg. whipping cream
- 1 6oz. pkg. strawberry jello
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 to 3 cups strawberries, halved
- Crust: Chop pretzels and spread on bottom of 9 x 13 baking pan. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of sugar over pretzels. Pour melted butter over pretzel/sugar mix. Bake pretzel crust for 10 minutes at 400. Let cool completely before adding next layer.
- Cream Cheese Layer: Beat together cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar with electric mixer, making sure to blend until smooth. Fold in whipping cream until well blended. Place on top of cooled pretzel crust making sure to seal along the edges of baking pan.
- Jello Layer: Pour jello into a glass mixing bowl and add 1 1/4 cup boiling water, stir until dissolved. Add 1 1/4 cup ice cold water to jello mix. Place in refrigerator until slightly set. Place halved strawberries on top of cream cheese layer, spreading out evenly. Once jello is slightly set, pour on top of cream cheese layer and strawberries. Place in refrigerator for an hour or until ready to be served.
I always receive rave reviews of this Strawberry Pretzel Surprise dessert, so I am sure you will receive the same when you take it to your next family gathering.
Join the DD Community!
Join the Designed Decor Community and receive weekly free tips on DIY home projects, painted furniture, decorating, and much more.