I love an easy tasty fruit recipe. This strawberry crumb dessert qualifies for easy and tasty.
I like mine served warm and a few scoops of vanilla bean ice cream.
Summer is my favorite season due to all the fresh fruits and vegetables and all the warm weather. I would be happy with just eating fruits and vegetables all day long as long as I can have a yummy dessert like this one.
- 2 pints chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- In a bowl mix together strawberries with white sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and strawberries look glossy.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- In another bowl combine all-purpose flour, oats, brown sugar, almonds and melted butter.
- Stir until the mixture is crumbly and fluffy.
- Sprinkle crumb mix over the strawberries.
- Bake 30-35 min or until strawberries become bubbly.
- Serve with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream.
When blueberries, strawberries and raspberries are in season, I usually buy a few extra pints and freeze to use later in desserts or smoothies.
My freezing tip: Rinse fruit and let air dry. Place on a cookie sheet and spread out as the fruit is not touching. Place cookie sheet in the freezer for a few hours until fruit is individually frozen. Once completely frozen, place fruit into a freezer safe bag. This allows your fruit to be separate and not frozen in a large clump. This allows me to use small portions of the fruit and not the entire bag.
Join the DD Community!
Join the Designed Decor Community and receive weekly free tips on DIY home projects, painted furniture, decorating, and much more.