I love an easy tasty fruit recipe. This strawberry crumb dessert qualifies for easy and tasty.
I like mine served warm and a few scoops of vanilla bean ice cream.
Summer is my favorite season due to all the fresh fruits and vegetables and all the warm weather. I would be happy with just eating fruits and vegetables all day long as long as I can have a yummy dessert like this one.
- 2 pints chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- In a bowl mix together strawberries with white sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and strawberries look glossy.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- In another bowl combine all-purpose flour, oats, brown sugar, almonds and melted butter.
- Stir until the mixture is crumbly and fluffy.
- Sprinkle crumb mix over the strawberries.
- Bake 30-35 min or until strawberries become bubbly.
- Serve with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream.
When blueberries, strawberries and raspberries are in season, I usually buy a few extra pints and freeze to use later in desserts or smoothies.
My freezing tip: Rinse fruit and let air dry. Place on a cookie sheet and spread out as the fruit is not touching. Place cookie sheet in the freezer for a few hours until fruit is individually frozen. Once completely frozen, place fruit into a freezer safe bag. This allows your fruit to be separate and not frozen in a large clump. This allows me to use small portions of the fruit and not the entire bag.