Today I am sharing a simple Vegetable Beef soup recipe that you can make in the crockpot. Most of my soup recipes that I make in the crockpot can also be made on the stove top.
I prefer to use my crockpot for most of my soup recipes just because it can be set to low and I don’t have to worry about the stove top being on. I feel more comfortable leaving my house with the crockpot on apposed to the stove top.
- 1 lb. beef stew or round steak
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pkg. of dry soup mix
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Place beef in slow cooker and pour the dry onion soup mix on top and 1 cup of beef broth.
- Cook on low setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- After beef has cooked, pull apart or cut into cubes.
- Add all other ingredients except frozen vegetables into crock pot with cooked beef.
- Cook an additional 3 to 4 hours.
- 1 hour before serving, add frozen vegetables.
- You can also cut meat prior to cooking and cook at the same time with other ingredients except frozen vegetables.
I hope you are enjoying these great soup recipes I have been sharing stay tuned becasue I still have more! Here are a few that I have already posted!
Join the DD Community!
Join the Designed Decor Community and receive weekly free tips on DIY home projects, painted furniture, decorating, and much more.