Thanks to my cousin Diane for inspiring me to try this Blueberry Pound Cake recipe.
Diane had posted a picture on her Facebook feed of this blueberry cake that she made. It looked so delicious that I had to have the recipe. My boys are big fans of the Lemon Pound Cake that my mom and Aunt make all the time, I figured that I would give this one and try to see how it would rate with the boys.
Neither of the boys will eat a blueberry straight up, so I was not surprised that they liked the Lemon pound cake over the blueberry one, but they were not disappointed in this one at all. It was moist and very light tasting.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Set eggs sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to mixing.
- Combine flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the extracts and butter flavoring.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into batter. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe was a winner in my book, we all liked it, and the boys ate it. My one son has a texture issue with food, he may like the flavor but can’t handle the texture. This was his opinion of the blueberry pound cake, great flavor, did not like the texture of the baked blueberries.
I love a good dessert baked with any type of fresh fruit. I freeze fruit so I can bake with it year-round. Maybe this is my way of reminding myself of all the good things that summer offers.
Join the DD Community!
Join the Designed Decor Community and receive weekly free tips on DIY home projects, painted furniture, decorating, and much more.