I love being able to take something that is out-dated and giving it a new life. I love how this Repurposed Cork Board turned out.
I took apart the picture and removed the glass insert. I used the existing print and backing of the picture.
Since the cork roll is a thin layer, I decided to use a layer of foam to give the cork more cushion. I originally was going to use 2 layers of cork, but the foam was a better option. I have a new CRUSH of the paint color I chose for this project. I used Sherwin Williams #SW7052 Gray Area. I love, Love, LOVE this color.
I applied antique glaze to the details of the frame to give the frame more color and richness. I sealed the frame with my favorite polycrylic from Minwax 23333 Satin Polycrylic Protective Finishes, 1/2 Pint
Yes, I painted the cork! The cork color is not very flattering, so why not have it match your frame.
I love the details in this repurposed cork board frame.
I decided to use it to hang jewelry. I needed a new display piece for my shop, so this one was it.
Latest posts by Designed Decor (see all)
- Repair an Old Shutter with a Paint Stick! - 07/28/2014
- Paint Couture ~The Collection~ Paint Giveaway! - 07/25/2014
- #SoMe2~ Social Media Linky Party ~ Facebook~ Bloglovin! - 07/22/2014
- DIY Rain Barrel ~Tutorial! - 07/21/2014
- Outdoor Water Fountain from #LampsPlus! - 07/18/2014