I love being able to take something that is out-dated and giving it a new life. I love how this Repurposed Cork Board turned out.
I took apart the picture and removed the glass insert. I used the existing print and backing of the picture.
Since the cork roll is a thin layer, I decided to use a layer of foam to give the cork more cushion. I originally was going to use 2 layers of cork, but the foam was a better option. I have a new CRUSH of the paint color I chose for this project. I used Sherwin Williams #SW7052 Gray Area. I love, Love, LOVE this color.
I applied antique glaze to the details of the frame to give the frame more color and richness. I sealed the frame with my favorite polycrylic from Minwax 23333 Satin Polycrylic Protective Finishes, 1/2 Pint
Yes, I painted the cork! The cork color is not very flattering, so why not have it match your frame.
I love the details in this repurposed cork board frame.
I decided to use it to hang jewelry. I needed a new display piece for my shop, so this one was it.
Latest posts by Designed Decor (see all)
- #SoMe2~Social Media Linky Party~ #Google+ and #Twitter! - 08/26/2014
- Guest Bedroom Makeover~ Progress Update! - 08/25/2014
- Smile Brilliant~ Teeth Whitening System! - 08/22/2014
- Peach Cobbler - 08/21/2014
- #SoMe2~Social Media Party~ #Pinterest and #Instagram - 08/19/2014