Happy Monday All! The Christmas decorations are complete. I will be sharing with you in the next few weeks, all the decorating that has taken place for the Holiday season. The first item I want to share is my zippered Christmas tree ornament. I love them, they turned out so cool! I found this idea on Joann Fabrics idea board. I did buy the fancy gold zippers and everything else I had in my craft room. Here is what you will need.
Supplies: “1” 22 or 24 inch zipper, ribbon, various beads, hot glue gun and sticks. Un zip the zipper and separate the pieces. I cut off one end of the zipper to remove the zipper claw.
Here are the instructions from Joann’s website:
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo.
- Separate zipper. Using one side of zipper, make a looped design. Work from the bottom up; create large loops then work into smaller loops.
- Insert beads in between the centers of the loops. Adhere beads to zipper with hot glue.
- When 3″ of zipper remains at the top, coil the remaining zipper into a circle and glue.
- Add a bead or coil another piece of zipper for tree trunk.
- Use ribbon to insert into hole at top of tree through coil. Tie and hang on tree.
The next time I make these I intend to use a wire to add stability and to add an assortment of different beads. I think by making with a jewelry wire and crimp beads, I would feel the ornament to be made with a better quality than with hot glue.
Here is how they turned out.
I love them, how about you? Stay tuned for more decorating ideas.
Join the DD Community!
Join the Designed Decor Community and receive weekly free tips on DIY home projects, painted furniture, decorating, and much more.