I have been nominated for The Liebster Award, not just once but twice in the same week. YEAH! The Leibster award is given to new and up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging. The award is passed on to other bloggers that fit the criteria to help spread the word.
As a nominee I have to nominate another 11 bloggers, Post 11 random facts about myself, Answer 11 questions for the awarding blogger and ask 11 questions to the 11 bloggers I nominated. That’s it, sounds hard but it’ll be really fun!
So here are the lovely ladies that nominated my blog for this award: First up is Megan over at Busy, Young, Single Mom Sanity
. Go on over and check out Megan’s blog. She is an adorable young mom of 2 adorably cute little ones. Second up is Amy over at The Stitchin Mommy
. She is the stitchin’ Queen who makes all sorts of adorable little creations. I am incorporating the questions from both of my nominators to keep it easier on myself.
1} If you had the chance to go back in time, where and when would you go?
I would go back to my Senior year in High School. This was a critical year for making such BIG life decisions. I would have chosen to go to college for 4 years instead of only doing 2. I would have taken a little more time to soul search and figure what career decision to make. Instead, I had NO idea what to do with my life and I chose to do 2 years in a general business. Looking back now, my talents were in the arts or interior design field.
2} If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
Wish #1- For ALL four of my boys to grow up to be happy, successful young gentlemen.
Wish #2 – For me and Mr. DD to be healthy and happy for at least another 40 years so we can celebrate 50 years together.
Wish #3 – For my parents and my mother-in-law to age gracefully and to live out the rest of their lives healthy and disease free.
3} Your best recipe post?
4} Your best DIY post?
Decorating Glass Blocks
5} Let’s spice up Liebster questions! Draw a puppy blindfolded, take a picture and post it as the answer.
This was actually better than I thought it would be. It was fun to do. Tip: I used my left finger as a guide on the page to mark where I left off.
6} The most inspiring person in your life and why?
My Husband – Mr. DD. He believes in himself and he believes in me. He continually encourages me when I can’t. He always has a positive outlook and encourages me to do the same. He makes me laugh and teaches me to not be so serious and laugh at myself. Even when I am mad at him he makes me smile.
7} Your being shipped to an island and can only bring one item(not person) for survival, what would it be?
A leatherman tool, which is a multi purpose tool.
8} Your most popular blog post?
9} You can only eat one kind of sandwich for the rest of your life, what kind?
Egg - it can be fried, scrambled, egg salad and many more combinations.
10} Favorite restaurant, why?
Applebees – It is not because of the food. I met Mr. DD online and our first face to face meeting was for lunch at Applebees on December 27, 2000. Mr. DD proposed to me on December 27, 2002 at lunch at the same Applebees we meet at. We have gone to Applebees every year on December 27 th since our very first meeting.
11} The blog you read the most? Outside of your own of course.
The Space Between
This was a really tough one to answer, because I read so many good blogs and I have more than one favorite. I have to say I read almost every post that Karah posts. Some other blogs, I may skim quickly through the post and not read it. I could list a bunch, but will stick to the one.
1. What is your favorite book of all time?
I don’t know about for all time, but most recently read was Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
2. Cake or ice cream?
3. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
A cat. I would be the queen of the home. Do what I want when I want. Oh I guess I have that now, so why be a cat!
4. What was the last thing you ate?
Slice of peanut butter toast
5. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
6. What would you do if you only had 24 hours to live?
Spend every moment with my family, to encourage my love, hopes and dreams for each one of them.
7. If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose?
I guess the 1800′s
8. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 2 things would you want to have with you?
My husband and tools
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
people standing too close to me in a line. There is this small thing called personal space, and don’t invade it!
10. What is your favorite season?
11. What is one thing that you currently cannot live without?
11 Random facts about myself:
1. I have a large birth mark on the back inside of my right leg. (Hated it as a child)
2. I drive a Red Jeep Wrangler
3. I don’t paint my toe nails in the winter
4. I cry at commercials
5. My favorite movie is Notting Hill
6. I talk to my dog all day long
7. I never saw a “Miracle on 34th Street” until this year
8. I have to organize the dirty silverware in the dishwasher ( all forks go together etc)
9. I don’t like carrot cake
10. Peanut butter is my favorite food
11. I love Neil Diamond
Now, here are my Nominees:
Finding 11 blogs that I follow that have under 200 followers was the hardest part of this award. If I nominated you and you are over 200 followers I am sorry, It was hard to determine how many followers a blog has.
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees.
1. Where do you want your blog to be in a year?
2. What is your favorite dessert and why?
3. What is your favorite child hood memory?
4. Where is the #1 place you would like to visit?
5. What was most visited blog post?
6. What is your favorite T.V. show?
7. What is your guilty pleasure?
8. If money were no object, what would you do for a living?
9. What did you want to be as a child when you grew up?
10. What are your top three pet peeves?
11. If your life was a movie, who would you want to play your part?
Please send me a message once you complete and post so I can go back and read your questions.
I am a wife, mother and artist who loves to create, repurpose and decorate. I am a self-taught artist and decorator, who finds inspiration from my life experiences.
- Food for Thought Friday – Inspirational Quotes-Collect Moments!
- How to make your own Blog Planner and Free Blog Printables!