In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, I want to share the Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies I made for my son’s Potluck dinner they had at School.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon mint extract
8-10 drops of green food coloring (optional)
2 ½ cups mint and chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, food coloring, mint and vanilla extract. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Add the baking chips. Roll dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let cool.
I had to flatten these cookies a little before baking, they did not flatten out on their own as much as I would prefer.
I have been on a mint kick in my baking lately. I made Andes Mint Cookies awhile back and next week I will be sharing my Oreo surprise cupcakes made with mint Oreos and Andes mints.
Recipe adapted from The Idea Room.
What type of mint recipes have you made?
Latest posts by DeDe (see all)
- Making Easy Friendship Cards - 05/06/2013
- Commissioned Project – Repurposed Mailbox! - 05/06/2013
- Food for Thought Friday – Inspirational Quotes – Right Place at the Right Time! - 05/03/2013
- Talkin’ About Thursday Link Party #18 - 05/02/2013
- One Item Wednesday – Repurposed Colanders! - 05/01/2013
- “He is Risen” Wood Plaque
- One Item Wednesday – Repurposed Wine Corks!