Strawberries have been on sale at the grocery store, so I have made a few strawberry desserts including these Strawberries dipped in Marshmallow and Chocolate.
I needed to make a dessert for our church camp auction and I happened to have all the ingredients on hand, so this is the dessert I made for the auction. I posted a teasers on my Facebook page, so some of my friends attending could see what I was bringing. My friends made sure that they grabbed a few before they were all gone.
I purchased the “Simply Melt” chocolate a few months back and never used it, so I was thrilled I had it on hand for these Strawberries.
- 2 pints of Strawberries (washed and fully dried)
- 1 jar Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 container of Simply Melt Chocolate
- Wash strawberries and let them fully dry.
- Spray oil on to a cookie sheet or plastic cutting board.
- Spread marshmallow fluff onto each strawberry and set on a cookie sheet.
- Heat chocolate melt as directed on package.
- Dip each strawberry into melted chocolate, place into foil cupcake holders.
- Substitute: 1 bag of chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons oil in place of simply melt. Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe dish and add oil. Place in microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. Remove chocolate and stir completely, place in microwave for another 30 seconds and remove to stir. Continue to cook in 30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
Tip: you may need to spread the marshmallow back on to strawberry as the marshmallow settles when placed on the cutting mat.
I found it easier to melt the chocolate in smaller batches that way the chocolate did not harden before I used it all to cover the strawberries.
I also chose to melt my chocolate in glass instead of the plastic container that the Simply Melt came in. I am funny about heating things in plastic.
The Strawberries were a huge hit for the auction. They went very quickly and everyone who was lucky enough to snag them off the dessert table told me how tasty they were.
I did keep a few at home for the family and I made just chocolate covered ones for Mr. DD. He is not a huge fan of marshmallow, so I made him feel special by having just chocolate. I have to keep the Mr. happy so he helps me with all those crazy home projects I start.
Join the DD Community!
Join the Designed Decor Community and receive weekly free tips on DIY home projects, painted furniture, decorating, and much more.