I am back from Snap Conference 2013. It was an amazing 5 days, 2 of which were travel days.
So let me start by talking about my wonderful room mates; Wendy from Wendy’s Hat, Audra from Painless Meals and Lori from Eclectic Mamma. The 4 of us met through the Snap Facebook page and were lucky enough to room together. We really did not know much about each other except where we each lived and maybe what we learned on the about page of each others blogs. A few of my friends thought I was crazy rooming with 3 complete strangers and baby Alice. Alice is Lori’s 3 month old girl, and she was such a beautiful and happy baby.
This is us before the Thursday Night Pajama Party. What a great time we had at the Pajama Party. We made crafts and did a lot of laughing and socializing.
Here are the Crafts I made at the Pajama Party. The Black frame, made with Minwax(sponsor), we used Minwax water based stain. It was a great product to use and oh so easy! The quote block, made with Poppy Seed Projects(sponsor). This was such a cute way to use paint and vinyl. The Fabric banner, made with Modern Yardage(sponsor), I still have to complete mine, I ran out of time. The base board, made with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint(sponsor). I made this in the Annie Sloan class as she taught us how easy it is to use Annie Sloan paint. I could write an entire blog post about this paint. I am in LOVE with this product. Stay tuned for a project that I will be using my sample I received in my Swag Bag. The flowers, made by Cricut(sponsor) They had these flowers on every table for our dinner on Friday Night.
So now I am going to talk Swag, OMG! They gave us so much stuff that i was afraid my luggage would be over the #50 lb. limit. Lets just say, they for warned us of the amount of swag you get, so i packed a duffel bag to carry back with me. Thank goodness I packed the bag, because it was full of goodies that would not fit into my luggage.
I cant wait to open and use all the items that were give to us. I will be for sure letting you know what was free and shouting out to the sponsors as I use their products.
I learned so much from the wonderful people who taught all the classes I attended. This was the part of the conference that I wish I could be in 2 places at once. They usually had 3 to 4 different classes offered at the same time and it was so hard to decide which one to go to. Her is a quick list of the classes I attended.
I will need to summarize this list as it is very long. I took 10 classes in the very short 3 days.
1. Painting with Annie Sloan – AWESOME presentee and AWESOME product.
2. What a Brand Wants This was a great class on how to work with brands and how to approach brands to work with you.
3. Advanced Monetization with Beckie(Infarrantly Creative) AWESOME class on power drive!
4. Workshop with Minwax and Bruce. AWESOME workshop as Bruce took us step by step on how to stain anything from brand new wood to old antique pieces.
5. Printable with POW presented by Paging Supermom. These ladies gave us some great inside tips and tricks on how to make and post printables right to your blog.
6. How to Paint anything presented by Diane(In my Own Style) and Lindsay(Makely School for Girls) Received so many tips and tricks to painting!
7. Advanced Seo presented by Dennis G. This was a great and insightful class about SEO tips and tricks.
8. Be more powerful with Ana White – AWESOME class on using power tools!
9. Importing,Organizing & Editing with Adobe Lightroom- This is a MUST have!
10. Object Photography – GREAT class on tips and styling your photos.
We had some pretty awesome key-note speakers: Ron Finley (L.A. Green Grounds), Lisa (Lisa Leonard Designs) and Julie deAzevedo Hanks. These 3 people had some very powerful and inspirational stories.
The highlight of the entire conference were the wonderful people I met.
I could keep going on and on about the Snap Conference, but I will stop here. My advice to you is, if you blog, you MUST attend a blog conference to continue to educate yourself as well as to make contact with great people who understand what you do.