I like to make soup all winter long, and here in Ohio, March is still soup weather. I made this Sausage Tortellini Soup recipe and Mr. DD loved it. I think this will become part of the staple recipes that I make for next winter.
Remember most of the things I make are simple and this one delivers in that category as well.
- 2 14 1/2 ounce cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 1 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 10 1/2 ounce can condensed French onion soup
- 8 ounces cooked turkey kielbasa, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 9 ounce package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- Shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a crock pot, slow cooker combine tomatoes, water, vegetables, soup, and sausage.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Add tortellini shells to the soup for the last 30 minutes of cooking. If desired, top each serving with Parmesan cheese.
What is your favorite soup recipe?