I have been working on the deck and making a few updates to our outdoor living space. We removed our Hot Tub and gave it to friends and now we have some additional space this year. I have been making a few decorating changes to the deck and I made a Repurposed Electric Spool Table.
I fell in love with these planters from Marshalls. Thye were the perfect color, size and shape to make side tables for the deck.
As I was planning a table top for my ceramic planter, I remembered that I had an electric spool that I found in the trash and it was the perfect size I needed for the top. So much easier to use this than making and having to cut one out.
I had no idea how the electric spool was attached, so I used a Ryobi Jig Saw to cut away the heavy duty cardboard middle. You could use a hand saw for this part if that is all you have on hand. I unscrewed the metal rods that were holding the ends together and now I have 2 table tops.
I sanded down the tops and stained with black.
I love how the tops turned out using a black stain. I have so much brown wood on the deck that I wanted a darker color to make the tables stand out.
I did make 2 tables but I can’t show you that part of the deck as I am still looking for 2 chairs to fill the space on the upper deck. I have been going to a few garage sales in hopes of finding some abused ones that I can work a little magic on. I love how this space is pulling together. My favorite is the Vertical Herb Garden in the back ground.
I have also teamed up with my Power Tool Challenge group and they are also sharing some great ideas for your patio, porch, and deck.
1. Long Porch Planters by My Love To Create
2. DIY Flower Pot Plant Stand by Her Tool Belt
3. DIY Easy Swinging Bed by Domestically Speaking
4. PVC Pipe Vertical Garden by Kim Six
5. How to Build An Outdoor Serving Table by Create and Babble
6. Repurposed Window Garden Shelf by Refresh Restyle
7. Trimming Out Porch Posts by My Repurposed Life
8. Stenciled Concrete Topped Table by Designs By Studio C
9. 2 X 4 DIY Bench by Virginia Sweet Pea
10. DIY Outdoor Sofa Table Tutorial by H2OBungalow
11. Repurposed Electrical Spool Holder Table by Designed Decor
12. DIY Outside Standing Plant Hanger by Confessions of A Serial DIYer