One of my all time favorite things is Peanut Butter. I will eat peanut butter in any form, cookies, pies, fudge, on just about anything or straight up on a spoon. So why not combine Reese’s with Peanut Butter Cookies?
I remember when I was younger, I would come home from school and always have a spoonful of peanut butter. I don’t have it everyday now, but sometimes come pretty darn close to it. One of my boys come just about as close to me for his love of peanut butter. I do try to make some form of peanut butter dessert to satisfy my sweet tooth and his.
I love to bake and I usually try to find recipes that my boys will enjoy, that way they end up eating most of it and not Mr. DD. and I. I have to admit that when I make any type of peanut butter dessert, it is for me and not the boys. They understand that their mama is a peanut butter fanatic. Check out my peanut butter obsession recipes by clicking on the link!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini Reese’s Pieces
- 1 cup mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix peanut butter, egg, sugars, and baking soda with a hand or a stand mixer, mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the Reese’s Pieces and peanut butter cups.
- Scoop and form balls of cookie dough and place onto cookie sheets.
- Use the tines of a fork to gently flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool before removing from cookie sheets.
- Note: Cookies can be crumbly
I had a few of these straight out of the oven and they were delicious.
This recipe was a little crumbly for me. I like a soft gooey cookie. This is the great debate in my house; soft and chewy or firm. There are a few of us that like our cookies very soft and chewy and others who like them firm for dunking. Which do you prefer?