You should know by know I have a slight obsession with Peanut Butter, right? You can certainly discover this by the amounts of recipes I make with peanut butter. When you pair peanut butter with chocolate you have a winning dessert in my opinion, just like these Peanut Butter Icing Chocolate Cake Cookies.
If given dessert options I will choose the peanut butter chocolate one first, just ask Mr. DD. When I bake, I choose recipes with peanut butter, poor guy is still waiting for his homemade cherry pie.
This recipe was a home run, they disappeared very quickly!
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 cups powered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix cake batter, oil and eggs together until smooth. Batter will be thick.
- Scoop small amount onto cookie tray and press down slightly.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes
- Beat butter and peanut butter together, until smooth.
- Add vanilla and cream.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add more milk if it becomes too thick.
- Frost cookies with method of choice. I used a hand held icing decorator.
Once I placed the icing on the cookies I decided to add some more pretty. I melted milk chocolate baking chips with a little oil and drizzled on top of the peanut butter icing. I also chopped up some mini Reese’s cups to add to the total peanut butter yumminess!
I love making cookies using cake batter. I always have cake batter on hand and it is so easy to make a batch of cookies with a cake box mix. Have you ever made cookies using a box mix?