I have found creative ways to use the cucumbers that are growing in the garden. I decided to make this homemade Tzatziki sauce using the last of my cucumbers.
I have made cucumber salad, refrigerator pickles and now this Tzatziki sauce, trying to find creative ways to use up the last of my cucumbers. I think I will be giving away the last few and call it a summer. Ugh, I hate the sound of that.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 cucumbers - peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Place ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Process until well-combined.
- Place in a separate dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour for best flavor.
I serve this Tzatziki recipe with pita bread or chips. I also like to use it as a fresh vegetable dip. I used a low fat Greek yogurt, so the recipe is low in calories. What is your favorite cucumber recipe?