I seem to have success at growing cucumbers from my raised garden. So last year I decided with the abundant cucumbers that I would make Easy Refrigerator Pickles. We loved them so much that I have made them again this year. This time, I am sharing the recipe with you.
I have not been as successful growing my squash and zucchini. If you are a gardener and can give me tips on my squash and zucchini, I would greatly appreciate it. I have 2 separate raised garden beds and have switched each year what I plant. I have had great luck with my cucumbers and tomatoes.
- 6 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place sliced cucumbers and onions in a glass jar containers; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir just until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over cucumber mixture; cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.