Oh My! Who can resist a tasty Crunchy Top Blueberry Muffin? I know my family could not after seeing and tasting these. My youngest keeps asking me to make more of those muffins with the crunchy top.
I always remember the episode from friends where they only wanted to order a muffin top. I would be satisfied with only eating the tops of these, crunchy top blueberry muffins. I actually eat a muffin from the bottom up. I flip them over and eat the bottoms, because I like to save the top for last. It is what I call “saving the best for last”!
I think I could put this crunchy muffin top on any muffin and my boys would be happy with any type of muffin.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line pan with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Place 1/3 cup vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup.
- Mix this with flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups right to the top.
- Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
I know I would be happy eating one of these for breakfast every morning along with a bowl of fruit and my tea!
What about you are you a morning muffin eater or do you prefer a bigger breakfast?