Black Bean Corn Salsa!
Years ago Mr. DD and I were at a party where they were serving a corn salsa. Mr DD. and I both loved it. We could not find the person who brought it to get the recipe. I have been in search of this recipe for the past 5 years, and I finally have perfected it. It took a lot of recipe tasting until I finally created my own recipe.
- 2 ears corn (cooked)
- 1/2 red pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic (1 clove)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes w/ green chilies
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Cook corn on the cob and remove kernels from the husk. In a large bowl add corn, peppers, onion, black beans, garlic and diced tomatoes, mix well. In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, lime juice, and oil. Pour over vegetable mixture and stir well, toss in cilantro and stir. Place in refrigerator overnight for best results.
I know this time of the year we are all going to Super Bowl parties and having to take an appetizer. This is a great recipe to make and bring to your Super Bowl parties.